MS Outlook for Mac stores the data of the users in 'Data Records Folder', which is different in case of Outlook for Windows that uses PST file format for their storage. In order to export the data from Outlook Mac, we need to use the 'Export' option in Mac Outlook that will create the OLM file containing Mac messages, contacts, calendar PDF, RTF format, Calendar, and all other data Microsoft, to facilitate Exchange connectivity. This blog guides you on a quick way to open/import Outlook for Mac file to Windows Outlook.
Steps to Manually Convert OLM File To PST Format
If you want to convert OLM file to PST format, then the user needs to locate the OLM file on the system. We have mentioned two ways to locate the file below:
Documents\Microsoft User Data\Office 2011 Identities\Main Identity\Databases
Documents\Microsoft User Data\ MS Office 2011 Identities\Main Identity\Data-Records\Message
By following the above steps, you cannot locate the OLM file present on the system. To access the file, you need to create it by saving the mailbox files in the OLM format. Below we have mentioned the steps:
- Click on File » Select Export.
- Choose the files displayed on the screen.
- Then, a new option 'Delete Items After Exporting' appears on the screen. Now, check the 'Do Not Want To Delete The Item' option.
- Save the file and browse to the destination location.
After creating the OLM files, the files can be converted into PST format using the below-mentioned steps:
Step 1: Create a Gmail account
Step 2: Set up Outlook for Mac with Gmail
- Open Outlook and click on Tools > Accounts.
- Click on the '+' button to create a new account.
- Select the email address and fill your details for Gmail account.
- Now, enter the details of password, email address, and user name for Gmail account
- Enter the 'Incoming server' as 'imap.gmail.com'
- Choose the option 'Use SSL connect'
- Now, enter the Outgoing Server as 'smtp.gmail.com'
- Then, enter the 'Outgoing port' carefully as 465 and click on the 'Add account' option.
Step 3: Export-Mailbox Files From Outlook To Gmail
- Right-click on the file you want to export and click on the 'Copy' option.
- Choose the destination folder in the Gmail account.
- The navigation tab shows the uploading messages.
- Refresh your account, once the messages upload.
Step 4: Set Up Gmail Account With Outlook
- Open Windows Outlook and click on File > Info > Account Settings
- Click on the 'New' icon option.
- Check carefully the 'Additional Server Type'
- Check the 'Internet E-mail' option
- Enter the details such as password, email address, and user name.
- Choose the account type as 'IMAP'.
- Select the 'Incoming Server' as 'imap.gmail.com'
- Enter the 'Outgoing Server' as 'smtp.gmail.com'
- Click on the 'More Settings' option.
- From the 'Outgoing Server' option, click on the 'My Outgoing server requires authentication' option.
- From the 'Advanced' option, enter the 'Incoming Server Port' as '993'.
- Click on th Encryption Type as 'SSL'
- Enter Outgoing Server Port as '465'.
- Click on the 'OK' option.
- Select the 'Test Account Settings' option and click on the 'Finish' option.
Step 5: Export-Mailbox File from Gmail to Windows Outlook
- Open your Gmail account and click on the 'Settings' option.
- Click on the 'Forwarding and POP/IMAP' option.
- From the 'IMAP Access' and click on the 'Enable IMAP' option.
- Now, enable the 'Auto-Expunge On' option.
- Then carefully enable the 'Archive' option.
- Click on the 'Save Changes' option.
- Open Outlook and click on the 'Send/Receive message' option.
Opt For A Reliable Way To Convert OLM Files To PST
Ensure that you opt for a reliable and professional method to perform the conversion that is, OLM to PST software. The tool has advanced features, which enables the user to export OLM files safely to PST format. The user can successfully extract data from OLM to PST type without changing the hierarchy of the folder. The user can import files on Office 365 and a Live Exchange Server. The user can recover the entire data from OLM files to multiple file formats such as EMLX, PDF, HTML, EML, MBOX, vCal, and etc. The OLM tool supports all edition of MS Outlook including 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019, Mac Outlook 2019, 2016, 2011.